On Februrary 28th, We sponsored a wine tasting reception in San Francsico at RSA with Tech Exec Networks and I.S.E Alumni. We are grateful to our I.S.E hosts and to Kevin Mitnick who signed copies of Ghost in the Wires at the event.
Many thanks to all who attended our party. We enjoyed meeting everyone and had a great time.
As you may know, I’m a wine guy. I personally selected a range of boutique European wines for this event. The wines were very popular – many requested that we share the list of wines we tasted, so here it is.
- Sebastien Brunet Domaine de la Roche Vouvray Brut NV – This sparkling Chenin Blanc was a light alternative to champagne and a nice way to start the tasting.
- 2010 Frantz Saumon Menu Pineau (Loire Valley, France) – Menu Pineau is an obscure grape related to Chenin Blanc. The wine had nice acidity and minerality.
- 2006 de Moor Bel Air et Clardy Chablis (Burgundy, France) – This chardonnay is from one of my favorite producers. The hot vintage produced a relatively fruity wine for Chablis.
- 2007 Huet Vouvray Le Haut Lieu Demisec (Loire Valley, France) – This off dry wine was showing a bit of age. Huet is one of my favorite Chenin Blanc producers and their wines can age for decades.
- 2010 Marcel Lapierre Morgon (Beaujolais, France) – This wine, made from Gamay, was showing beautifully with lovely fruit and solid acidity.
- 2010 Pierre Gonon Les Isles Feray, Vin de Pays de l’Ardeche (Rhone Valley, France) – This Syrah wine was showing beautiful fruit and was a crowd pleaser. I think that it has terrific complexity for an entry level, affordable wine.
- 2005 Francois Chidaine Montlouis Moelleux (Loire Valley, France) – This sweet chenin was starting to show some age but still had beautiful expressive fruit. Chidaine is another terrific producer in the Loire.
The wines were sourced from Terroir, one of the San Francisco’s hottest wine bars and stores focusing on small production European wines. I stay near Terroir every time I’m in San Francisco despite the somewhat ‘colorful’ neighborhood where my hotel is located.
Let me know how you like these wines. More wine tastings coming soon.
Last updated byat .