Heres the setup Im using today
- MacBookPro 15 ($1999) (With two external Retina Thunderbolt Monitors)
- Blue YETI USB Condenser Mic ($110)
- Blue Microphones The Pop Universal Pop Filter ($50)
- Sound Foam on many wall areas – See below ($300)
- Combination of Audacity and Garageband. I do most of my work in Audacity because I happen to like the editing interface better.
Here is the setup I was using in 2006
- Dell Inspiron 8600 Laptop ($2500)
- M-Audio MobilePre USB Preamp and Audio Interface ($150)
- AKG Perception 100 Large-Diaphragm Condenser Mic ($125)
- CAD EPF-15A 6-Inch Flexible Pop Filter ($30)
- Custom Sound Box – See below ($25)
- Goldwave v5 for detailed post production editing.
- Castblaster v0.49 for the initial recording.
With the following settings:
Improving the sound
With the nice new mic and preamp, I really started picking up an echo in the room. It quickly started to annoy me, so I bought a crate from Office Depot and some Sound Foam from Guitar Center and put together an enclosure for my microphone.
How it sounds
How it looks
(I moved the pop filter to the side for better visability)
Video Tour of my office/studio